The vice president for enrollment planning and management is responsible for the recruitment and enrollment of undergraduate and graduate students, as well as relevant marketing initiatives. In addition, the vice president is responsible for initiating and managing national and international collaborations, including enrollment at the University’s satellite campuses in Massachusetts and Madrid, Spain.
Reporting to the vice president are:
- assistant vice president for enrollment and director of student financial services
- assistant vice president for enrollment and registrar for the colleges
- assistant vice president for enrollment and director of undergraduate admission
- director of graduate admission
- director of international enrollment services
- director of international student outreach
Vice President for Enrollment Planning and Management Walter Caffey joined Suffolk University in 1999. In his current role, Caffey is an active member of the University president’s administrative council, providing vision, direction, and support to all offices within the enrollment division. He advises and informs the president and other senior administrators on enrollment initiatives, strategies, and projects central to the mandates set forth by the Board of Trustees and University president.
A former president of the New England Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admission Officers (NEACRO), Caffey has presented on best practices, institutional partnerships, and retention initiatives at numerous enrollment conferences.
He earned a Master of Public Administration from Northeastern University and a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology from Rhode Island College.