Overview of Sustainability at Suffolk
Suffolk University incorporates sustainability principles in how we run our institution.
- We are 100% incandescent lightbulb free*, instead relying on the more efficient LED and CFL alternatives
*Excluding theater lighting
- We use energy efficient equipment in kitchens, offices, and residence halls.
- Our cleaning staff uses green cleaning products.
- Recycling is easy, with plenty of bins available and a single stream system so you don't have to separate your papers from your containers.
- Compost bins are located in kitchens as well as all campus cafes.
- Local food options are available for catered events.
- Staff members purchase paper with recycled content.
- Bike racks are conveniently located for faculty and students.
In our academic and administrative buildings...
- We have water bottle filling stations to make it fast, easy, and free to fill up your reusable container with filtered water.
- Printers enable you to print double-sided, thereby cutting your paper consumption in half.
High Quality, Cost Effective, & Eco-Conscious
Going Green in Higher Education
Once again, Suffolk University is one of the schools featured in this Princeton Review's Guide to 322 Green Colleges.