Using SMART- Quick tips(comprehensive list of search tips)
- See a list of all collections with 'browse' and 'hierarchical archives browse'
- Choose the 'level of detail' in an advanced search to include or exclude extraneous results. - Example: Choose 'collection level' and results will exclude records at the series, folder and item level.
- Use multiple search terms for one concept: cars, auto, automobile, vehicle
- Not every document or image has been digitized; to see a list of digitized materials search 'digitized'
Understanding your results
- Results yield lists of records in our collections
- Blue links lead to narrative descriptions of collections or folders
- Use the folders icon to navigate through collection arrangement or folder lists
- To request materials include the entire string of numbers associated with each folder. - Example: MS100/03.04-0138 El Salvador speeches, 11/1991