Send Us a Signal
Do you recall the Student Radio Club at Suffolk? The photo from the University Archives was taken in 1953, but little is known about the organization.
If you were a member or know more about their story, please share it at email@example.com.
ON CAMPUS in ’53
- Suffolk Law School is accredited by the American Bar Association
- 5’ 9” guard Jack Resnick BA ’55 scores the most points (75) in the history of Suffolk’s Men’s Basketball.
- Tuition at Suffolk jumps to $400
- Suffolk athletics adopt Ram mascot.
- The first April Fools’ issue of The Suffolk Journal.
- Ice hockey, soccer, and sailing dropped as varsity sports.
OFF CAMPUS in ’53
- First Chevrolet Corvette.
- First color TVs go on sale.
- Jonas Salk introduces polio vaccine.
- Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II at Westminster Abbey.
- Earl Warren appointed Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court.
- 1953 babies: Pat Benatar, Jeb Bush, Kim Basinger, Chaka Khan.