GRADUATE JOB SEARCH GUIDE
All graduates seeking employment should review and follow the steps set forth in PCD's new Graduate Job Search Guide found in Symplicity's Document Library under the 'graduate job search' tag. This gives you step-by-step instruction on preparing your marketing tools, commanding job search resources, networking and gaining experience through part-time and pro bono opportunities.
PROBATE & FAMILY COURT LAWYER FOR THE DAY TRAINING
This program provides everything you need to know to effectively assist pro se litigants who appear in the Probate and Family Court. Training will be provided by experienced attorneys of the Middlesex Bar Association. By the end of the training, you will be qualified as Lawyer for the Day and be placed on the pro bono list to assist the Middlesex Probate Court. Topics include divorce, child support, alimony, paternity, guardianship, and conservatorship. Emphasis is on practice and procedure and will include a question and answer session. If you are interested in participating in this training, please contact David Merson, Associate Director, Office of Professional & Career Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We post new job opportunities on a daily basis. Logon to Symplicity regularly to search all jobs and create customized search agents. Contact PCD at (617) 573-8184 or email@example.com if you need login information or assistance. Graduates also have access to CareerShift.
Graduates seeking employment should schedule an individual counseling session with a PCD advisor to create your strategic professional development plan. To schedule an in-person or phone appointment, logon to Symplicity and click on the “Request An Appointment” link in the shortcuts menu.
PRO BONO OPPORTUNITIES FOR EXPERIENCE
Volunteer opportunities are a great way to increase your experience and marketability. Visit the MassProBono website and contact our office for more information. You should also check the Volunteer Lawyers Project website.NETWORKING
The American Bar Association is offering all Suffolk University Law School graduating students a free membership. Join now at www.ambar.org/ABAgrads and discover the benefits of ABA membership:
- CareerAdvice LIVE!, a free monthly webinar with practical tips from experts
- Free membership in 22 specialty practice groups to discover your career path
- Free subscription to ABA Journal and e-Journal
- Free career resources, including an online job board
- Bar Exam Prep: 30 Tips in 30 Minutes, a new webinar - free for members
Join local bar associations to gain access to their professional development resources and excellent networking opportunities.
- Boston Bar Association, see Dues Assistance Program if required
- Massachusetts Association of Hispanic Attorneys
- Massachusetts Association of Women Lawyers
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Black Lawyers Association
- Massachusetts LGBTQ Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Womens Bar Association