How to Enroll
Enrollment in the Legal Technology and Innovation Concentration is accomplished by filing a Notice of Concentration Enrollment form with the Registrar's Office.
Concentration enrollment may occur as soon as a student completes the first year in law school in good standing.
The latest date students may enroll in a Concentration is October 1 for students graduating in January, and February 1 for students graduating in May.
Formal enrollment in the Concentration is not complete until the Notice of Enrollment form is filed. Once enrolled in the Concentration, students will be invited to participate in a variety of programs and special events of interest in the area of legal technology and innovation. Concentration students will also be invited to relevant Advanced Legal Studies programs.
Students may also find it useful to join Suffolk’s Legal Innovation and Technology Student Association (LITSA).
Continued enrollment in the Legal Technology and Innovation Concentration is contingent upon the student completing:
- The four (4) required, core courses, as listed under the Concentration’s Courses section;
- An internship in an approved, three (3) credit internship in some area of legal technology and innovation, or an exemption from the internship requirement, as granted by the Concentration Director(s) and/or the Administrative Director of Concentrations;
- At least two (2) Concentration elective courses, as listed in the Concentration’s Courses section;
- At least six (6) hours of attendance at non-credit programming offered by the Center for Advanced Legal Studies (ALS) in the area of legal technology and innovation;
- At least seventeen (17) credits in approved Concentration required, internship and elective courses by the time of graduation;
- Periodically reviewing the student's progress in attaining the requisite grade point averages with one of the Concentration Faculty Director(s) and/or the Administrative Director of Concentrations; and
- Obtaining the Concentration Faculty Directors' approval of the student's plan for completing the Concentration's writing requirement.
Upon completion of the required courses, elective courses, the internship, the writing requirement and total credit hours required by the Legal Innovation and Technology Concentration, enrolled students must complete and file a Notice of Concentration Completion form with the Registrar's office.
The latest date students may file Concentration Completion forms is Nov. 1 for January graduates, and March 1 for May graduates.