A University police detail is required at all events at which alcohol is sold. A detail is recommended for theater events, social events in the cafeteria or gym, athletic events, or any activity that may require an added concern for public safety such as registration or a celebrity on campus.
Students or departments requesting a police detail are responsible for paying for the detail. All police details require a minimum of four hours billing. Rates of payment will be provided by the University Police Department Head upon a receipt of a written request.
To order a police detail, please provide the following information in writing, to the Suffolk University Police:
- the date, hours and location of the event;
- the sponsor or the event;
- the number of people expected to attend the event;
- the entrance restrictions, if any (with ID or ticket only);
- the name and phone numbers of the contact in charge of the event;
- the number of officers requested for the event;
- any relative information that may assist with the concern for public safety.
A completed Alcohol Registration Form, available in the Law School Dean of Students Office, must accompany all requests for Police Detail for events where alcohol is sold or served.
Please contact the Suffolk University Police at x8333, or x8113 for further information.