IT Governance at Suffolk University
IT Governance at Suffolk University is sponsored by the President and co-chaired by CIO and Provost. The goals of IT Governance are to:
- Ensure IT project requests are aligned with the Strategic Plan.
- Provide representation from across the university.
- Bring IT project requests to the members of the five Working Groups ensuring that approved projects provide value to the university.
- Provide transparency in how IT projects are reviewed and approved.
- Improve customer service for those requesting projects.
- To broaden involvement in decision making and prioritization of IT projects.
- Provide a more integrated approach to project development and project management.
Five Working Groups ad Facilities Services Representation are tasked with reviewing new project requests, evaluating new initiatives, working to resolve existing issues, and soliciting feedback on new initiatives.
The ITGC encourages transparency and participation in IT Governance issues across the University. All new projects are initiated by downloading the Project Request Form and send the completed request to the ITS PMO Office.