The knowledge and skills provided by the ECE Department will allow our graduates to contribute to themselves, their employers, and to the field of electrical engineering:
To themselves: Graduates will be able to obtain gainful employment in the field of electrical engineering or enroll in a graduate program in electrical engineering.
To their employers: Graduates will be able to make contributions to the organization for which they work.
To the field of electrical engineering: Graduates will be able to make contributions to the field of electrical engineering.
Electrical Engineering Program Outcomes
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Ability to complete projects in a timely fashion.