Senior Lab Instructor, Foundation Studies
Office: 75 Arlington St., 2nd floor - room 213
MFA, Mason Gross School of the Arts, Rutgers University
BFA, Rhode Island School of the Arts
Courses Taught at the School of Art & Design
Foundation Drawing I, Foundation Drawing II, 2-Dimensional Design, 3-Dimensional Design
Teaching is a collaborative experience for me. My students and I work together to create images and forms that unlock truth and open up critical debate. I strive to develop exciting projects that allow them not only flexibility but also encourage self-expression and imagination. When these three elements are combined, I find their ability to cope with ambiguity, offer opinions, and defend judgements is greatly enhanced. My goal is to empower my students with life-long learning skills that allow them to adapt in visually dynamic culture, and I feel privileged to be a witness to this transformative process.
Recent Professional Highlights
- 2010: Foundation Studies Creative Teaching Award, Suffolk University
- 2009: Collaborative work with CAS research assistant to produce 4 silkscreen editions based on Op Art and images of biological viruses.
- 2008: String Theories, multi-media exhibition, concert and lecture series, Suffolk University Art Gallery, Boston, MA
- 2007: Paint, South Shore Arts Center, Cohasset, MA Juror Gerry Bergstein
- 2004: Commission for three bronze weathervanes crowning the exterior of the American National Fish and Wildlife Museum, Springfield, MO