Barbara Lee Ash, EdDProfessor, Department of Advertising, Public Relations, & Social Media
Office: Sawyer Building, Rm. 935
Office Hours: By Appointment
- EdD, Boston University
- M.Ed, Boston University
- Boston University (Questrom School of Business)
- Cognitive learning styles
- MBTI – Communication and work styles
- MBTI – Career development
- MBTI - Communication and instructional preferences
- Curriculum and instructional design
- Adult learner motivation and participation
- Presentation skills and training methods
Professor of Communication & Journalism, Department of Communication & Journalism, Suffolk University
Professor of Education & Human Services, Department of Education & Human Services, Suffolk University
Director, Human Resources, Learning and Performance Programs, Suffolk University
Designed and implemented the following graduate degree and certificate programs at Suffolk University:
- Human Resources Certificate
- Instructional Design Certificate
- Organizational Learning Certificate
- M.S. Degree in Adult and Organizational Learning
- M.S. Degree in Human Resources
- Advanced Post-Master's Program in Organizational Development
- Joint M.S. Degree in Adult and Organizational Learning and Organizational Development Certificate
- Joint M.S. Degree in Adult and Organizational Learning and Human Resources Certificate
Director, Business Education Programs, Suffolk University
Professor and Department Chair, Bunker Hill Community College, Boston, MA
Assistant Professor, Department of Management, Simmons College, Boston, MA
Adjunct Faculty Appointments
Boston University School of Education, Division of Instructional Development and Administration. Advisor to five doctoral candidates.
Boston University, School of Education, Department of Adult and Continuing Education. Served as fourth reader for doctoral dissertation and reader and oral examiner, Comprehensive Examination Committee.
Boston University Metropolitan College
National Consultant and platform speaker, Gregg Division, McGraw-Hill Book Company.
Conducted scores of professional workshops for government and industry, public and private four-year institutions, junior and community college, and business schools throughout the United States and Jamaica, West Indies.
Adult Basic Education License Advisory Committee, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Department of Education.
Served as a curriculum consultant for numerous two- and four-year colleges and secondary schools.
Served on advisory boards for various two-year public and private institutions.
Served as a visiting team evaluator for two-year colleges and business schools.
Organized and chaired the Harbor House Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Center’s Family Council, Hingham, MA (volunteer service).
- Association for Psychological Type
- Boston Facilitator’s Roundtable
- President, Vice President, Board of Directors, Delta Pi Epsilon, Epsilon Chapter (Past)
- President, Vice President, Board of Directors, Massachusetts Business Educators Association (Past)
- Board of Directors, Massachusetts Coalition for Adult Education (Past)
- President, Vice President, Board of Directors, New England Business Educators Association (past)
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Northeast Human Resources Association
- Organizational Development Network
- Phi Delta Kappa
- Association for Talent Development
- Association for Talent Development (Massachusetts Chapter)
- Pi Lambda Theta
- Rider College (New Jersey), Distinguished Lecturer, 1992
- Recipient of the Suffolk University Evening Division Association Outstanding Faculty Member of the Year Award
- Recipient of the Massachusetts Business Educator’s Association Business Educator-of-the-Year Award
- Past President, Massachusetts Business Educators Association
- Past President, New England Business Educators Association
- Past President, Epsilon Chapter, Delta Pi Epsilon
Ash, B. L. (2018). "Using the MBTI to Improve Communication and Instruction," The Forum, Vol. 72, No. 3. (Release date: February, 2018).
Ash, B. L. (2015). “Using Twitter to Engage Digital Natives.” Journal of Applied Research for Business Instruction, Vol. 13, No. 2.
Ash, B. L. (2015). “Can a Zebra Change Its Stripes? Assessing and Teaching the Introverted Student.” Business Education Forum, National Business Education Association, Vol. 69, No. 5.
Ash, B. F. (2005). “Cognitive Learning Style: Implications for Delivering Instruction, Journal of Business Training Education, Vol. 14.
Ash, B. F. (2005) “Contributing to Your Profession: Three Opportunities.” Field Notes, SABES (Massachusetts System for Adult Basic Education Support), 4th ed., Vol. 14.
CJN 177 – Professional Communication
CJN 103 – Presentation Skills
ADPR 103 - Presentation Skills
EHS 652 – Training and Development
ADPR 491 - Special Topics in Advertising and Public Relations
EHS 655 – Continuing Education for the Professions
EHS 660 – Internship
EHS 661 – Teaching and Learning Styles
EHS 662 – Organizational Learning Seminar
EHS 670 - Special Topics: Organizational Learning and Human Resources
EHS 700 – Independent Projects: Organizational Learning and Human Resources