Susan Westcott Alessandri, PhD
Department of Communication and Journalism
Office: Ridgeway Building, Rm. 310
- PhD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- MA, Northeastern University
- BS, Framingham State College
S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
Martin J. Whitman School of Management
Adjunct Assistant Professor
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
School of Journalism & Mass Communication
Instructor of Record
Yang, S.U., Alessandri, S.W. & Kinsey, D.F. (2008). An integrative analysis of reputation and relational quality: A study of university-student relationships. Journal of Marketing for Higher Education, v. 18, no.2.
Alessandri, S.W. (2007). Retaining a legacy while avoiding trademark infringement: A case study of one university's attempt to develop a consistent athletic brand identity. Journal of Marketing for Higher Education, v. 17, no. 1.
Alessandri, S.W. & Alessandri, T.M. (2004). Promoting and protecting corporate identity: The importance of organizational and industry context. Corporate Reputation Review, v. 7, no. 3.
Alessandri, S.W. (2001). Modeling corporate identity: One company's merger odyssey. Education Review of Business Communicaions: An Internationa Journal, v. 6, no. 4. Received "Highly Comended Award" as one of four best articles published by the journal in 2001.
Awards and Honors
- 2007 - Paper awarded first prize in the Multicultural Studies Division of the Broadcast Education Association
- 2006 - Nominated by a graduate public relations major to Who's Who Among America's Teachers
- 2003 - Selected to participate in the Advertising Education Foundation (AEF) Visiting Professor Program
- 1999 - Awarded a 3-year Park Fellowship for doctoral study at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill