The DPE Role:
Diversity Peer Educators lead programs and trainings around issues of diversity and inclusion, host special events, and promote social justice on campus. DPEs serve as student ambassadors for the Center for Student Diversity and Inclusion.
Core DPE Responsibilities include:
- Attending our spring and fall workday(s), our weekly DPE sessions, committee meetings, and other trainings as assigned.
- Learning to facilitate workshops and manage conversations for social justice.
- Gaining competency and proficiency with social justice content areas, including social identity groups, intersectionality, power and privilege, anti-oppression, and more.
- Developing and co-facilitating trainings and workshops with CSDI staff and fellow DPEs.
- Being a supportive member of the team of Diversity Peer Educators.
- Assessing all trainings to improve and strengthen our training program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Currently enrolled full-time Suffolk University undergraduates of any class year can apply. Applicants must have a GPA of at least 2.8 and be students at the Boston campus during their time as a DPE. Applicants must be planning to stay enrolled at Suffolk for two semesters beyong the application date.
No formal training or experience is required. Students who are team oriented, highly collaborative, and passionate about social justice and fostering inclusion should apply.
This is a Suttolk University Scholar position, 8-10 hours weekly. DPEs attend weekly staff meetings and one weekend training retreat a semester.
Ready to Apply?
- Review the DPE 2017-2018 Job Description
- Submit your online DPE 2018-2019 Job Application form here.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: TBD - Applications for the 2018-2019 cohort will go live in October 2017
Want to learn more? Attend one of our upcoming Information Sessions where returning DPEs will talk about their previous experience working as DPEs, and answer any questions you may have. Pizza will be served at both Information Sessions!
UPCOMING INFORMATION SESSIONS:
Questions? Contact Cameron Breither, Assistant Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org