Wellness Services Mission:
CHW Wellness Services Office is a component of the Department of Counseling, Health & Wellness within the Division of Student Affairs at Suffolk University. Its mission is to foster the academic success of Suffolk University students through services and strategies that will help them make choices to enhance multiple dimensions of individual health and to support the health of the campus community.
We provide information and resources on a variety of college health topics including: nutrition, sexual and reproductive health, alcohol and other drugs, sleep, stress management, and sexual assault response and prevention.
The office also partners with the Suffolk University Peer-Health Educators (SUPERs) to host exciting programs throughout the year! Each year students can apply for paid SUPERs positions. Applications are now open and the deadline to apply is February 27, 2015. Visit the SUPERs Page, sign up for our newsletter below or visit us at facebook.com/suffolkuniversitySUPERs to learn more.
Other Services and Activities:
- Consultations and referrals for students with concerns about alcohol and other drugs, etc
- Alcohol Edu information (a new student requirement)
- BASICS (Brief Alcohol Screenings and Interventions for College Students) for voluntary and sanctioned students
- Health Promotion Workshops in and out of the classroom (please see the Order Form tab for requests)
- Supervising the Suffolk University Peer-Health Educators (SUPERs)
- Providing a variety of free reproductive health materials (such as condoms and oral dams)
- Managing the Suffolk University Wellness Challenge in the Spring with Human Resources
- Distributing the American College Health Assessment Survey to access critical prevention needs of student
- Advocating for policy, procedural and environmental changes that benefit the campus community
Interested in exciting events hosted by the Suffolk University Peer-Health Educators and Health & Wellness Services? Sign up below for the 'Health Promotion & Wellness @ Suffolk' newsletter and receive a monthly newsletter with information about our activities!