COUNSELING, HEALTH & WELLNESS MISSION STATEMENT
Suffolk University’s Center for Counseling, Health and Wellness appreciates that health is multi-faceted and requires a holistic approach.
As such, our mission is to provide integrated, culturally sensitive services that support the academic success and personal development of our students as well as the overall health of the Suffolk University community.
Through counseling, medical services, consultation, educational outreach, mind-body practices and referral, our goal is to promote student well-being and resiliency while empowering students to develop self-advocacy and healthy decision-making.
We provide information and resources on a variety of college health topics including, but not limited to: nutrition, sexual and reproductive health, alcohol and other drugs, sleep, stress management, and sexual misconduct.
The office partners with the Assistant Director for Wellness Education, Kelly Schumacher, and the Suffolk University Peer Health Educators (SUPERs) to host interactive and educational programs throughout the year. Visit the SUPERs Page, sign up for our newsletter below, or find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to learn more.
Other Services and Activities:
- Consultations and referrals for students with concerns about substance use
- AlcoholEdu and Haven information (a new student requirement)
- BASICS (Brief Alcohol Screenings and Interventions for College Students) and CHOICES for voluntary and sanctioned students
- Health Promotion workshops in and out of the classroom (please see the Order Form tab for requests)
- Work with the Suffolk University Peer Health Educators (SUPERs)
- Provide free reproductive health materials (condoms, oral dams etc.)
- Oversee the Wellness Resource Center
- Administer the American College Health Assessment Survey
- Advocate for policy, procedural, and environmental changes that benefit the campus community
Interested in events hosted by the Suffolk University Peer Health Educators and Wellness Services? Sign up below for the 'Health Promotion & Wellness @ Suffolk' newsletter and receive a monthly newsletter with information about our activities!