Wellness Services Mission:
CHW Wellness Services Office is a component of the Department of Counseling, Health & Wellness within the Division of Student Affairs at Suffolk University. Its mission is to foster the academic success of Suffolk University students through services and strategies that will help them make choices to enhance multiple dimensions of individual health and to support the health of the campus community.
We provide information and resources on a variety of college health topics including: nutrition, sexual and reproductive health, alcohol and other drugs, sleep, stress management, and sexual assault response and prevention.
The office partners with the Suffolk University Peer Health Educators (SUPERs) to host interactive and educational programs throughout the year. Visit the SUPERs Page, sign up for our newsletter below, or find us at facebook.com/suffolkuniversitySUPERs or @SuffolkSUPERS on Twitter to learn more.
Other Services and Activities:
- Consultations and referrals for students with concerns about substance use
- AlcoholEdu and Haven information (a new student requirement)
- BASICS (Brief Alcohol Screenings and Interventions for College Students) and CHOICES for voluntary and sanctioned students
- Health Promotion workshops in and out of the classroom (please see the Order Form tab for requests)
- Work with the Suffolk University Peer Health Educators (SUPERs)
- Provide free reproductive health materials (condoms, oral dams etc.)
- Oversee the Wellness Resource Center
- Administer the American College Health Assessment Survey
- Advocate for policy, procedural and environmental changes that benefit the campus community
Interested in events hosted by the Suffolk University Peer Health Educators and Wellness Services? Sign up below for the 'Health Promotion & Wellness @ Suffolk' newsletter and receive a monthly newsletter with information about our activities!