The Office of Diversity Services (ODS) is at the center of Suffolk's efforts to maintain a welcoming and inclusive climate on campus for everyone. We value understanding and unity. We support the University’s respect for equality. We share its commitment to providing a safe, supportive, and inclusive environment for students and their families, faculty, staff, and guests.
Diversity Services primary focus is working with marginalized students (student of color and LGBTQ+) and allies. We also work closely with our campus partners, such as the Center for Academic Access & Opportunity, Counseling, Health & Wellness, Disability Services, Interfaith and International Student Services to foster an inclusive and affirming campus.
What We Do
- Individual support, mentorship, and referral
- Support to clubs and organizations
- Educational and training activities designed to increase knowledge of different cultures and to decrease discrimination
- Social events that celebrate unity across cultures
- Consultation to faculty and administrators in strengthening diversity and multicultural competencies