New incoming first year and transfer students at Suffolk receive housing through a deposit process with Undergraduate Admissions when they confirm their enrollment with the University. After that first year, a room selection process is used for students who want to live on campus.
The room selection process allows current students in housing to participate in a lottery to attain housing for the following academic year. Specific eligibility information for housing for the 2017 - 2018 academic year will be sent via their Suffolk email to each residential student and their home.
The process requires an $800 deposit to be paid by April 7, 2017. Any existing balance must be paid off prior to submitting a housing deposit. All housing deposits should be submitted via MySuffolk.
Students are considered eligible for the housing lottery and room selection if they:
- Currently live on-campus; and
- Started at Suffolk University's Boston campus as a freshman or transfer in Fall 2016 or Spring 2017; or
- Started at Suffolk University's Madrid campus as a freshman in Fall 2016 or Spring 2017;
- Are a member of the University Honors Program; and
- Have not been sanctioned with Loss of Future Housing that extends beyond April 7, 2017 via the Community Standards and Student Conduct System; and
- Pay your $800 housing deposit via MySuffolk by April 7, 2017 and have paid their previous balance;
- And are registered as a full-time student by April 19, 2017.
Students who do not meet the eligibility criteria may still submit an $800 housing deposit via MySuffolk by April 7, 2017. These students will then be placed on the housing stand-by list and may participate in room selection if there are spaces available after the eligible students select their rooms.
Questions about eligibility should be directed to the Residence Life & Housing Central Office at 617.305.2500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information regarding Residence Hall pricing and charges, please follow this link.
Download Instructions for Online Deposits [PDF]
Please check back for updates!