Your graduation packet will include much of the information and materials you need for Commencement day, including tickets, invitations, and a booklet with instructions and other resources. You'll also be directed to the Suffolk bookstore to pick up your cap and gown.
Before you pick up your packet
You must complete the following steps before you can pick up your Commencement packet.
- You will need to be cleared by the Registrar's Office; you will receive an email from the Registrar's Office once your audit is complete.
- Complete Perkins and/or College Loan exit interview(s)
- Complete Stafford Loan exit interview
- Confirm your tuition account balances have been paid in full by logging into your MySuffolk Account, click on My Finances tab and then Account Summary
- Complete the graduating student survey. This will be available by mid-April.
*Information for these requirements is sent to your Suffolk email address.
YOU MUST BRING THE FOLLOWNG WITH YOU TO PACKET PICK-UP:
A valid picture I.D. (Suffolk University student I.D. or driver's license). If you plan to pick up the commencement packet for another student, you must present a signed release letter from the student authorizing you to pick up his/her packet. The release letter must contain the student's name, I.D. number and signature.
When to pick up your packetPacket Pick-Up will take place in Donahue 403 during final exam week on Monday, April 28 - Friday, May 2. The times are as follows: Monday-Thursday from 9:00am-6:00pm Friday from 9:00am-4:45pm
May and September petitioner undergraduate candidates will receive an email in mid-April indicating their assigned time to come to Packet Pick-Up. In order to facilitate a smooth Packet Pick-Up and avoid long lines, it is important that you come at your assigned time. Undergraduate students who graduated in September 2013 or January 2014 will not be assigned a time and may pick up their packet any time during the hours stated above.
Graduate students will not receive an assigned time and may pick up their packets any time during the hours stated above.
What your packet will contain
- Tickets and invitations
- Academic regalia (including hood) pickup information
- Commencement information booklet (includes information on the ceremony, directions, tickets, and more)
- Dean's letter to students
- Alumni advice book (undergraduates only)
*Each graduate may receive up to five (5) guest tickets. Graduating students participating in the commencement ceremony do not need a ticket to attend. Children under the age of three also do not need a ticket.
Where to pick up your academic regalia
Graduation regalia is free for all students participating in a Commencement ceremony. The Commencement packet serves as a release for your regalia.
With the packet in hand, you can go to the Suffolk Bookstore and pick up your cap and gown. The packet tells the Bookstore what degree you are receiving and what color hood you will need (if applicable). The Bookstore will stock caps and gowns in a variety of sizes.
If you ordered your regalia online, a packet containing your cap, gown, and hood will be waiting for you in the Bookstore.
Questions about regalia can be directed to the Bookstore at 617-573-8218.
If you cannot pick up your packet
If you are unable to pick up your Commencement packet in person, it is imperative that you arrange for a relative or a friend to do so for you. We cannot mail any Commencement materials.
Your designee must bring a release letter—a note signed by you with your Suffolk ID number—authorizing the person to pick up your graduation packet. Your designee must also present his/her photo ID when picking up your packet.
If you're an online student or from another campus
Packet and regalia distribution for students enrolled at the Cape Cod, Executive MBA, MBA Online, and North Campus campuses will be conducted as follows:
- Cape Cod: Packets and regalia will be distributed on a date to be announced. You will receive an email from the Cape Cod campus on the times and location. Call 508.375.4083 for more information and watch for details posted in the Suffolk/Cape Cod Office.
- Executive MBA: Packets and regalia will be distributed from the Executive MBA Office on a date to be announced. You will receive an email from the Executive MBA office on the times and location. Contact Priscilla Rosati at 617-573-8660 for more information or if you have any questions.
- North Campus (Lawrence): Packets and regalia will be distributed from the North Campus Office on a date to be announced. You will receive an email from the North Campus on the times and location. Contact Diane Demmer at 978-738-8840 for more information or if you have any questions.
- MBA Online: Packets and regalia will be distributed from the MBA Program Office. You will receive an email from Ana Perez regarding packet and regalia distribution. Contact Ana Perez at 617-573-8306 for more information or if you have any questions.