Call for Nominations- Sawyer Business School Alumni Board of Directors
The Suffolk University Sawyer Business School (SBS) Alumni Board of Directors is currently seeking candidates for new members.
The SBS Alumni Board works to connect alumni with each other and Suffolk through social and business networking opportunities and to advance Suffolk University by assisting with student and alumni career development, admissions outreach, and fundraising initiatives.
There are currently several open positions on the Board with a start date of September 2017.
A member of the Suffolk University Sawyer Business School Alumni Board of Directors is elected to hold the position based on demonstrated involvement, support and commitment to the Sawyer Business School. Alumni holding multiple degrees from Suffolk University may run for only one divisional directorship at a time.
There are currently several open positions on the Board. In accepting the three-year appointment, an individual agrees to fulfill the responsibilities associated with Board membership which include but are not limited to:
1. Attending and participation in (in person or by telephone) at least three of the four scheduled Board meetings each year.
2. Serving actively on Board committees and task forces as assigned.
3. Participating in the newly established SBS Alumni Association Scholarship Fund or the SBS Annual Fund. Board members are encouraged to join one of the leadership giving societies within SUMMA ($1,000 and up). It is crucial for the board to achieve 100% giving participation to model to alumni the importance of giving annually.
4. Being familiar with the programs and activities sponsored, organized, and coordinated by the Advancement/Alumni Office and participating in them to the extent possible, including major University events such as Alumni Weekend.
5. Seeking out and encouraging talented alumni for the Board and other alumni activities.
6. Assisting the University and the SBS Alumni Board in identifying and involving alumni in areas such as student career development, admissions outreach and advancement initiatives.
7. Assisting the University and the Alumni Engagement team in identifying and implementing programming that will enhance the student and alumni experience at Suffolk University - encouraging lifelong relationships with the University.
8. Being an ambassador and advocate of Suffolk University.
SBS Alumni Board 2016-2017
Kenneth Mooney, BS'77, MBA'80
Suzanne Dube, EMBA'07
Nicholas Vadala, BSBA'82. MBA'86
Marc Bilotti, MSF'05
Christine Diarbarkerly, BSBA'10, JD'13
Michael DiPietro, BSBA'81
Steve Douillette, BSBA'08
Adilson Lopes, BSBA'12, MBA'15
David Kolapudi, MBA'15
Kyle McMorrow, MBA'09
Edward Rosenau, MBA '05
Susan Rugnetta, BSBA'81
Antonio Sgro, MBA '00
Edmond Ryan, MBA'73
Bill Simmons, MPA'95
Brian Sullivan, MSA'11
Gary Sullivan, BSBA'91
Angela Yarde, MPA'13
Bill Popeleski, MBA'87