Tuition Deposit, Registration, and More

Congratulations, and welcome to the Suffolk University graduate student community. There are a number of steps you need to take before starting your program: registering for classes, setting up your Suffolk email, getting your student I.D. card, satisfying your health insurance requirements, and more. Everything you need to know is accessible from this page.

What's first? The first thing you should do is pay your enrollment deposit so you can get the rest done. Students admitted to a graduate program in the College of Arts & Sciences or Sawyer Business School must submit a non-refundable tuition deposit by the date listed on your acceptance letter to reserve a place in the entering class. The non-refundable deposit is credited to the tuition bill at the time of registration.

To expedite processing, you are encouraged to pay your deposit online. However, if you are unable to use the online system, please mail a check or money order, made payable to Suffolk University and which lists your full name and Suffolk ID number, to the Office of Graduate Admission, 73 Tremont Street, 6th Floor, Boston, MA 02108.

Once you've made your deposit, you can take care of these important items:


  • Graduate Student Portal

    Be sure to log into your MySuffolk student portal. Now that you've been accepted, you'll find new information available to you. If you have forgotten your login or password, please contact the Suffolk University Help Desk at 617-557-2000 or


  • Suffolk University Email

    You will receive your Suffolk University email address and access instructions shortly after confirming your enrollment. 

  • Tuition & Financial Aid

    Make sure you understand the tuition rates for your program. Additionally, the Office of the Bursar has helpful information on billing and payment plans.

    If you have not yet applied for financial aid, check out information on financial aid and scholarships.

    You can access and track your financial aid and scholarship information in the MySuffolk Portal. Additionally, contact the Office of Student Financial Services at 617-573-8470 or


  • Health Insurance & Immunizations

    Massachusetts state law requires immunization and health insurance for all full-time students and all international students. Detailed information can be found in the Health, Wellness, & Counseling's new student requirements. Students who already have valid insurance can submit a waiver request.

  • Getting to Campus

    Familiarize yourself with Suffolk's location and determine how you will be commuting to campus by viewing the Campus Map and Directions.

  • Off-Campus Housing

    The Off-Campus Housing Office (OCHO) provides advice and counseling on the housing process to students and parents. OCHO can assist you with finding appropriate living accommodations, finding roommates, and understanding the lease process. Contact the Off-Campus Housing Office at or 617-573-8647. Suffolk University does not provide on-campus housing for graduate students.


  • International Students

    Your I-20 will be issued upon receipt of your tuition deposit and the required financial documentation. Visit the Graduate Student Visas page for more information. Additionally, if you have any questions about the immigration process, please contact the International Student Services Office.


  • Advising & Registration

    You will be hearing from your program director shortly with instructions on advising and registration, if you have not already.


  • Orientation

    New student orientations are held separately by the Sawyer Business School and the College of Arts and Sciences. You will receive additional information via email. 

  • Student I.D. Card

    All College of Arts & Sciences and Sawyer Business School students may obtain ID cards at the Sawyer Building (8 Ashburton Place, Boston, MA 02108) security office, located on the second floor. To verify their status, students must present a copy of their registration and a valid picture ID. ID cards are available at all locations Monday through Sunday, 7am to 11pm, or call University Police at 617-573-8333. There is no charge for the ID card, but a replacement fee of $20 will be assessed for lost cards.


  • Deferrals

    Newly admitted students can request to defer their enrollment for up to one calendar year. In order to be eligible, students must first confirm their enrollment through the online portal, including payment of their enrollment deposit if applicable. 

    Requests to defer must be submitted in writing to the Office of Graduate Admission (, specifying the desired available start term. Financial awards (merit- and need-based) do not carry over, however students can be re-reviewed for the entering semester.  

    Students who have registered for classes must complete the deferral prior to the first day of classes. Students who have not yet registered should request the deferral no later than the first week of classes.