Advising in the Shared Model
Advising in the Shared Model is about building relationships with students in order to connect them with their major department and other resources on campus. In this workshop we will identify the roles and responsibilities of advising in the shared model. In addition, we will discuss ways to leverage technology to share information with other advisors on campus and to communicate more effectively with students. We may also review curricular requirements, how to navigate the student program evaluations and ways in which the UAAC can support you in your advising efforts.
To register for the workshop, click on the date you'd like to attend:
Location: CTSE Commons (73 Tremont, 12th floor)
- Monday, October 2 (1pm - 2pm)
- Tuesday, October 10 (12pm - 1pm)
- Thursday, October 12 (12:15pm - 1:15pm)
- Wednesday, October 18 (3pm - 4pm)
- Friday, October 20 (1pm - 2pm)
- Tuesday, October 24 (12:15pm - 1:15pm)
- Thursday, October 26 (10am - 11am)
- Wednesday, November 1 (1pm - 2pm)
- Thursday, November 2 (12:15pm - 1:15pm)
How to read and interpret a Program Evaluation
You may also request an individual training on how to read and interpret a Program Evaluation to help guide students through the curriculum. This training will focus on the nuances of the general curriculum requirements to help students to stay on top of their program, register for the correct courses, understand their free electives and graduate on time.