The SMART Catalog offers three search & browse portals:
SMART Catalog search tips
- Use Boolean search operators (NOT, OR, "", * etc.) for more controlled searches.
- Use multiple search terms for one concept, for example: cars, auto, automobile, vehicle.
- To limit results to records with digital content, include the term "digitized" in your search.
- Browse an expandable list of collections by going to Browse > Hierarchical Browse on either the Suffolk University Records page or the Special Collections page.
Understanding your results
- Search results may consist of descriptions of whole collections, sub-groups or "series" within collections, or specific files/folders of material. Collection-level search results will include a "Collection Title," Series-level results will include a "Series title," and File-level results will simply say, "Title."
- When requesting materials for use in the reading room, include the entire string of numbers associated with each folder.
- Example: MS100/03.04, Box 9, File 138, El Salvador speeches, 11/1991.